Scenes from "So, a Crypto Token is a Security ...Now What?" put on by Pepper Hamilton LLP at the New York Times Building, 620 Eight Avenue, New York City on July 17, 2019 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m (EDT).
Points of Interest:
- Make sure to treat your token as a utility token to avoid it being treated as a security (i.e. it has a value)
- There are opportunity in the secondary market
- Obtain organizational advice from entities, such as Blockchain Research Institute, Token Taxonomy Initiative, Wall Street Blockchain Alliance
- Did you know you can trade security by doing 7 things (Read Reg A to D. It's mentioned there - 4xx. Sorry, in taking my notes I missed the xx)
- Did you know the SEC wants to do away with its current rules regarding Cryptos and has invited the public for their input. You have until September 2019 to give your feedback. It's your opportunity to help set the rules you would like for the Crypto and blockchain industry
Scenes from Crypto + Blockchain Thursdays in New York City at the Empire Hotel Rooftop, 44 W 63rd St., Fl 12, New York, NY 10023 on Thursday, June 27, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (EDT). It was a lot of fun meeting Cryptonian people from across the globe who are dealers, traders, attorneys, investors, and just curious participants. It was fantastic!